Renovation Brands is a profitable and rapidly growing online retailer Top 500 Internet Retailer/ Inc. 500 Company looking for a Director of Marketing Communication to join our growing team.
Our mission is to build on our success as a leading marketplace for home décor, home improvement and commercial interior products. We are looking to expand our marketing team with talented and bright individuals who are passionate about what they do.
Renovation Brands is looking for someone to lead our Integrated Marketing, Lead Generation, traditional Media and customer-facing Communications strategy and execution. The Director of Marketing Communication is a key member on the sales and marketing team. You will work with the CEO, Chief Marketing Officer, Sales Director and various marketing support team members to create and manage the execution and deployment of multifaceted marketing programs that include ecommerce websites, traditional advertising mediums including print, catalog, and direct mail, as well as new opportunities that include the development of trade specific lead generation tactics. In addition, you will manage the consistency and accuracy of brand messaging and selling propositions across these various platforms.
This position will be either located at our Marketing office in Boulder, CO, at our headquarters office in Florence, AL or will work remotely (for the right candidate only). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Employment is conditional upon a satisfactory background check and verification of employment authorization through E-Verify.
- Responsible for the following functions: Integrated Marketing & Promotional planning, Brand Management (in partnership with the CEO), Traditional media, Social Media & Content Strategy, Events, Public Relations.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of: a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the Organization’s image and position within the commercial market and the general public, and which meets measurable business objectives; and, all Organization marketing, communications and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, client acquisition.
- Create and manage a lead generation program that efficiently acquires high value prospects and provides a path to convert them to customers. Manage the production and execution of compelling content stories, nurturing series, and other content pieces across these platforms. Conceptualize email creation and manage production with in-house team.
- Ensure articulation of Organization’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the Organization, and assure communication of image and position to all constituencies, both internal and external.
- Social Media and Content strategy: Lead the development of strategy and measurable plans for each social media channel, and Content as a whole. Balance engagement and relationship metrics with revenue driving objectives to maximize return on these channels.
- Media: Set strategy and manage media plan for print and other traditional media. Participate in print collateral improvements and developing new print content pieces, including catalogs, brochures, installation guides, and design resources. Synchronize content strategy with the user experience and merchandising to realize meaningful, interactive experiences.
- PR: Set PR strategy and measurable goals as well as editorial agenda. Coordinate media interest in the Organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests. Act as the Organization’s representative with the media.
- 5+ years experience with demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, brand, communications and public relations activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills – able to and enjoy working cross-functionally and across multiple business units to achieve company goals and proven ability to partner with other leaders (creative, editorial, integrated marketing) to align teams’ content output across channels (internal / external).
- Proven track record as a strategic and creative leader and ability to clearly articulate a compelling vision and strategy.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills.
- Self-starter with ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Knowledge of Office, PowerPoint, Word skills.
- Experience in press relationships / influencer marketing
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.